Tuesday, January 18, 2011
I miss you
Lately, I have been thinking a lot about my late cousin, Minnie. She was filled with so much joy that it would overflow to people around her, even if it was in a bad situation. She always put a smile on people's faces and cheering them up. I guess that's why God took her, because he needed another angel, which was exactly what Minnie was. One memory I have of her, that I will never forget, was the last time I spent with her. Minnie, Lois, and I spent the night at my grandmother's house. At night, we were pretty bored so we sneaked out to take a walk. We decided to walk to the end of the airport. After reaching our destination, we went by the school to hang out. We were by the 8th grade building when a group of boys on BMX bikes rode by. The last guy, Atuuk, had a huge mountain bike though. He had a huge smile on his face, which amused us because he was the only boy smiling. A minute later, we heard a clanking noise. That's when Atuuk was walking back holding the broken bike. We couldn't stop laughing about that, too. That night was filled with laughter! It was getting late. But throughout the night we would say, "we'll go back at 3:30, 4:00, 4:30, 5:00" and so on. At about 7:00am, we finally went back to our grandmother's house. We were kind of scared of going inside because we knew Jeffrey was awake. So we waited in the porch for a little, thinking of an excuse. That's when we heard the creaking floor. We heard the footsteps approaching the front door. We decided to hide in the bathroom, which is located in the porch. Jeffrey's came out and asked, "who's in there?" Then, being the sisters they are, Lois and Minnie were pointing at each other, mouthing "you!" Then when Jeff asked again, they both said at the same time, "me!" Minnie and Lois then looked at each other meanly because they just blew our cover. I was giggling to myself because it was hilarious. Jeff just laughed and went back inside. So we stayed in the porch, not knowing what to do. Jeffrey came back to the porch and asked us where we were. We didn't say anything because sneaking out felt like such a crime. Minnie just gave him that cute kid look. You know, that look a kid would give their parents when they're in trouble, trying to ease their way out of the situation. Well, that's the look Minnie gave. It worked too, because Jeff didn't do anything. He just told us not to go out so late. We went inside and went to bed right away. The next morning, they were going back to Akiak. Minnie tried to wake me up to say goodbye. I was half awake and half asleep but didn't get up. Minnie just hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek and said, "bye, Anguu...I'll miss you." And that's the last time I seen her. But she's where she's meant to be, in Heaven. Walking the streets of gold, living in a mansion, free of sadness and pain. What a lucky girl. I love and miss you, Minnie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment